sunnuntai 5. joulukuuta 2010

December 4th & 5th - Sylvian joululaulu & River

I forgot about this last night for I was so damn tired the whole day (too much to drink fun on Friday night). So a double post today.

SYLVIAN JOULULAULU
(SYLVIA'S CHRISTMAS SONG) 

This is one of the sad songs again. It was composed by Karl Collan and lyrics are a translation from Zacharias Topelius' poem, Sylvias hälsning från Sicilien (1853). The lyrics tell a story of a Blackcap (Sylvia atricapilla) who has been captured down in Sicily and he longs for his home in Finland. 

This time I'm going to re-post the metal version of this song, because I couldn't find anything better. 

Antony Parviainen - Sylvian joululaulu



RIVER 

I first heard this performed by Allison Crowe and I fell in love. This is originally a Joni Mitchell song, as I'm sure most of you are aware. Not much to say about this, so let the music speak for itself. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti