maanantai 3. tammikuuta 2011

Winter photowalk

VANESSA CARLTON - PARADISE


I went for a long photowalk today and I walked around the Peltolammi-lake that is nearby from where I live. My intentions were to go to this little river and take some long exposure water photos; I had my tripod and everything in my backbag, but then I ended up in totally different place and far away from the stream so I decided to postpone it. Instead I got some shots that I'm pretty excited about.

Note that I have also processed all of these photos to give them more of a vintage look that appeals my eye personally.

As the sun shines through it pushes away and pushes ahead...

In this first photo I gave a long thought for the foreground again. It was pretty easy really, because it's kind of obvious that the shadows lead your eye deeper into the picture. I exposed it this dark on purpose to emphasize the shadows and give it more contrast. It really wasn't this dark yet.

Here I went pretty much down on my knees to get lower perspective and I searched for the peaking sun from behind the tree to get my shot. I think this one turned out really well.

A day in which the sun will take her artificial light...
Then I wanted to take some close-ups in the beautiful sunlight before it went away.

Squirrel food
I smell squirrals!

Welcome to Narnia
Yesterday I read about different kinds of filters and someone wrote about DIY filters and suggested that one could breath onto the lens and get a nice blurry look. So I tried it out, and the rest of my walk from there to my car I kept breathing onto my lens. I fell in love with this look! Very mysterious and dreamy. I just wiped a little hole in the middle with my glove and started shooting.

A panorama photo of the path.

I think this looks pretty ominous. I feel like adding one of those robots from War Of The Worlds above those trees there.

2 kommenttia: