keskiviikko 1. joulukuuta 2010

December 1st - Konsta Jylhän Joululaulu

I'm going to post a Christmas song every day till it's Christmas. So 24 songs coming up. I'll probably post loads of Finnish songs, so sorry for my foreign readers if not understanding the lyrics bother you. I just love the melancholic Finnish Christmas songs. 

KONSTA JYLHÄN JOULULAULU 
(THE CHRISTMAS SONG BY KONSTA JYLHÄ) 

I think this is one of the most amazing and touching Christmas songs ever written.
And J-P Leppäluoto (Charon, Harmaja, Northern Kings) performs it so well. I can't believe I haven't realized this before last night.
The lyrics (written by Paul Holm aka Paavo Helistö) tell a story about a little child taking a candle to his/her mother's grave on Christmas. Even if one couldn't understand the lyrics, I think the heart-breaking melody conveys the message perfectly. Especially in the guitar solo.


The album version

P.S. I changed the layout again. I didn't feel that the green suited with December, so I needed something better. :) 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti